Cui Yang, PhD '09, MA, studies social determinants of HIV, substance use and mental health, in order to design community-driven interventions to address health inequities.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Yang, C., Johnsen, L., Thimm, M., Tuddenham, S., Rosecrans, A., Davey-Rothwell, M., Chaulk, P., Olthoff, G., Greenbaum, A. & Page, K. (2021) Awareness and interest in Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) among patients receiving services at a public Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) clinic in a high prevalence urban setting. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 32(1): 437-549
- Yang, C., Zaller, N., Clyde, C., Tobin, K. & Latkin, C. (2020) Association between recent criminal justice involvement and transactional sex among African American men who have sex with men in Baltimore. Journal of Urban Health. 97(5): 635-641.
- Yang, C., Krishnan, N., Kelley, E., Dawkins, J., Akolo, O. Redd, R., Olawale, A., Max-Browne, C., Johnsen, L., Latkin, C., Page, K., & Davey-Rothwell. M. (2020) Beyond HIV prevention: a qualitative study of patient-reported outcomes of PrEP among MSM patients in two public STD clinics in Baltimore. AIDS Care. 32(2):238-241
- Xiao W, Yan L, Chen L, Fu G, Yang H, Yang C, Yan H, Wei C. Sexual network distribution of HIV self-testing kits: Findings from the process evaluation of an intervention for men who have sex with men in China. PLoS One. 2020;15(4):e0232094.
- Zhu, X., Zhao, Y., Perez, A., Shi, A., Zhang, Z., Gao, P., Wang, J., Zhang, W., Yang, C., Zaller, N., Operario, D. & Zhang, H. (2019) Effects of a mobile health intervention to promote HIV self-testing with MSM in China: a randomized controlled trial. AIDS & Behavior. 23(11): 3129-3139