Colleen Barry, PhD, MPP, conducts research to identify policy and communication strategies to improve the lives of people with mental illness and substance use disorders.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Barry CL, Epstein AJ, Marcus SC, Kennedy-Hendricks A, Candon M, Xie M, Mandell DS. Effects of State Insurance Mandates on Health Care Service Use and Spending for Autism Spectrum Disorder. Health Affairs. 2017 Oct 1;36(10):1754-1761.
- Barry CL, Webster DW, Stone E, Crifasi CK, Vernick JS, McGinty EE. Five Years after Newton: Public Support for Gun Violence Prevention Policies among Gun Owners and Non-Gun Owners. American Journal of Public Health. 2018 Jul;108(7):878-881. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2018.304432. Epub 2018 May 17.PMID: 29771617.
- Barry CL, Sherman SG, McGinty EE. Language Matters in Combating the Opioid Epidemic: Safe Consumption Sites versus Overdose Prevention Sites. American Journal of Public Health. 2018 Sep;108(9):1157-1159. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2018.304588.
- Barry CL, Bandara S, Arnold K, Pintor J, Baum L, Franklin-Fowler E, Niederdeppe J, Karaca-Mandic P, Gollust SE. Assessing the Content of Television Health Insurance Advertising during Three Open Enrollment Periods of the ACA. Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law. In Press.
- Kennedy-Hendricks A, Epstein AJ, Mandell DS, Candon MK, Marcus SC, Xie M, Barry CL (2018). Effects of State Autism Mandate Age Caps on Health Service Use and Spending Among Adolescents. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2018 Feb;57(2):125-131. PMCID: pmc5806145 [Available 2019-02-01].