Douglas Storey, PhD, MA, is an internationally recognized communication scientist and theorist who uses research to improve the design, implementation, and effectiveness of social and behavior change programs in low and middle income countries.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Storey JD, Ahanda KS, Anadaluz A, Tsoi B, Matsuki JM, Cutler, B. (2014). What Is Health Communication and How Does It Affect the HIV/AIDS Continuum of Care? A Brief Primer and Case Study From New York City. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, 66(Supp 3): S241-S249.
- Storey JD, Hess R & Saffitz G. (2015). “Social Marketing.” In K. Glanz, B. Rimer & K. Vishwanath (Eds.). Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice (5th Ed.) San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Sullivan, T., Ohkubo, S., Rinehart, W. & Storey, JD. (2010). “From Research to Policy and Practice: A Logic Model to Measure the Impact of Knowledge Management for Health Programs.” Knowledge Management for Development Journal, 6(1): 50–65.
- Storey, D. & Kaggwa, E. (2009). The influence of changes in fertility-related norms on contraceptive use in Egypt, 1995-2005. Population Review, 48(1): 1-21.
- Storey JD, Boulay M, Karki Y, Heckert K & Karmacharya DM. (1999). “Impact of the Integrated Radio Communication Project in Nepal, 1994-1997.” Journal of Health Communication, 4: 271-294.