Students: Epidemiology Student Organization
The Epidemiology Student Organization (ESO) was established in 1982 to facilitate student-to-student and student-to-faculty communication in the department and to advocate for student needs. The organization is comprised of all students associated with the Department of Epidemiology. It is a forum for planning various student activities, ranging from volunteer opportunities to social activities. Elections are typically held in May for the upcoming academic year.
The organization is open to new ideas and initiatives from the student body, and all students are encouraged to actively participate in ESO activities. ESO meetings are open to all students and are held on the first Monday of the month from 12:15-1:20 p.m.
The Student Room is located in the Wolfe Street building, W6309, 410-614-1424.
All degree students in the department may obtain access to the Student Room using their ID badges by emailing JHSPH_IDCARS@jhu.edu.
Managed by the ESO, the room is equipped with several computers connected to the school's network. Students typically use the space for studying and holding informal meetings. Dissertations, master's theses (prior to 2013) and recent issues of the American Journal of Public Health, JAMA, Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine and Science are available, as well as a mini-lending library of key texts.
ESO Chairs and Representatives for 2021-2022
- Co-Presidents - Carrie Lyons and Melissa Schnure
- Admissions and Credentials Committee Chair - Frances Wang
- Alumni Chair - Heather Zhao
- Curriculum Committee Representatives - Emma Nichols (doctoral)
- Doctoral Student Representatives - Annie Martin and Yunwen Zhao
- Doctoral Student Representatives to School-wide Council - Jihwan Park and Amelia Wallace
- Funding Chairs - TBD
- International Students Chairs - Jason Haw and Mena Ru
- Masters Student Representatives - Talia Loeb and Sophie Rose
- Service Chair - Sara Daniel
- Social Chairs - Carlos Moreno and Kayla Lopez
- Social Media and Website Chair - TBD
- Sports Chairs - Collin McGuire and Jacob Workman
- Student Assembly Representative - Victoria Kamilar
- Student Representative for Faculty Meetings - Frances Wang
- Student Room and Bulletin Boards Chairs - Jayati Sharma
- TA Training Chair - Elizabeth Linton