Fall Institute Registration and Institute Policies
All registrants (EXCEPT SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS) are required to complete their Institute registration via the SIS registration system.
If you you would like to apply for the Fall Institute Registration-fee scholarship, please review the information below and complete the scholarship application. Please note the following:
- Scholarships are not available to JHU degree seeking students.
- Scholarship courses can only be taken for non-academic credit.
- The scholarship is a registration-fee scholarship.
- Recipients must complete all readings and review all lectures prior to the first zoom session; unless otherwise noted by the instructor.
- Recipients must attend class (via Zoom live sessions), the entire time of each day that the live session is offered.
Registration Process 2021 (non-scholarship registrations ONLY)
Registration for those taking courses for Johns Hopkins academic credit or are not applying for a scholarship will open with Second Term registration. Due to the popularity of our courses, early registration is recommended.
- If you are a degree-seeking student, please register through SIS as you normally would for the regular academic term.
- If you are not a degree-seeking student, please use the continuing education online application. Please note that there will be directions listed for "New Students" and "Continuing Students."
- If you have never registered for a JHSPH course as a non-degree seeking student, you will follow the directions for "New Students."
- If you have previously registered for a JHSPH course as a non-degree seeking student, then you will follow the directions for "Continuing Students."
- Full payment is expected at the time of registration. If you are using a third-party sponsor or tuition remission, please contact the Continuing Education and Student Services office to submit the paperwork.
- Incomplete applications or those received without payment or payment voucher will not be processed.
- Due to enrollment limits in some courses, we encourage early registration.
- If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the HPM Fall Institute.
All courses must meet the minimum enrollment in order to be offered, and some courses have maximum limits as well. The Fall Institute reserves the right to cancel any course where enrollment has not been sufficient, based on the number of registrations received by the Institute as of Monday, October 18, 2021. All registered participants will be notified via email regarding any canceled classes; these cancellations will also be posted on the website.
Confirmed participants who were registered in cancelled courses will have 100 percent of their tuition or registration fee refunded. Please contact the Institute staff for more information.